Skip to main content

Juki F600 DREAM Sewing Machine,

My lovely, dear, sweet amazing mother gave me my dream sewing machine for my birthday.  I listed it previously: http://tamtaysews.blogspot.com/2014/01/dream-machines_4.html and also pasted a picture of it on my vision board. Here it is in my sewing corner:
I can hardly believe she's mine!  The Juki F600 is everything I ever wanted in a sewing machine:
Plenty of light
Automatic thread cutter
Automatic needle threader
Drop in bobbin
Decorative stitches
Alphabet stitches
Sleek look
Knee lever
Choice of needle stop positions
All for under $999. 

Here's the story of her arrival into my sewing corner:
The Juki F600s first came out a few years ago. Some brave souls purchased and reviewed them over at Patternreview.com. I temporarily set sewing aside shortly afterwards and when I took it up again to with the intention of fulfilling my goal of creating a stylish wardrobe that looks like high-end RTW and fits much better, it was time to bring my dream machine into my life. The sewists who got thie Jukis when they first came out still loved them and so did I. I put a picture of her on my vision board. I started looking for local Juki dealers so I could check her out in person. I found a couple of dealers in our city and my sweet husband accompanied me to them so he would be clear about which machine to surprise me with when he had an extra grand to spend on me. (My mom is the one who surprised me with it but I keep him supplied with plenty of other ideas). 

The Juki dealers I found turned out to be vacuum cleaner shops that looked at me crosswise when I asked about the F600. I checked one of our two excellent sewing stores--the Place That Sells Sewing Machines-- and was thrilled to see the Larastar ironing system so I know where to get THAT when the time comes, but no Jukis. And then, one fine day I checked in with sewing store number 2 --Village Sewing Center--and wonder of wonders they just recently started carrying the Juki domestic line! I hugged the messenger (the store manager). But they had sold out of my desired model so the first face to face meeting waited awhile. I went back to Village Sewing to visit my machine when the new stock arrived and informed Jackie that I would have the F600. I was clear about the what but not about the how. I did get details about their layaway plan but turns out that wasn't the how. 

Meantime comes for a visit does my mother. It is right around my bithday. She of course had been well-informed about my dream machine.  I am honored that chose to spend her precious and hard-earned cash on ME!  On a gift she knew I wanted and felt I deserved and would serve me well for years to come. As far as I'm concerned she has fulfilled her gift-giving to me for LIFE!  

She informed my husband about her plan and he agreed to help her out--sweet man always taking an opportunity to make me happy--they worked out the surprise and none too soon, as only the floor model F600 was left with no additional stock to be ordered in the near future. Seems these upstart Jukis were selling so well that the other machines felt bad so the Juki flow was slowed down so as to give their other machines a chance to go to good homes. When my mom arrived at Village Sewing Center to buy my machine it had bee weeks since I was last there but Jackie remembered me telling her I would have that machine! I'm so grateful that she worked with my mom to get me the very last Juki they had in stock. 

I arrived home to find my dream machine waiting for me. I was over the moon! I never expected such a present! I cried! I was and still am a very, very happy girl. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Back and Full Hips

There's a thread on Pattern Review about fitting a narrow back and a full bum. That's exactly what I have! I think these alterations are going to prove very helpful: Els' swayback and rounded upper back alteration Debfxvt57's full-hip adjustment I won't need to alter for a rounded upper back for myself, but anything I made for my older daughter would need it, so I'm glad to have found it.

I So Want to Sew

The pattern is cut out and pressed, the cutting mat is laid out on the table, and pre-washed fabric calls out to me. What is missing? TIME, that's what! And if there's a little time to be had there has been NO ENERGY left to git 'r done. But things are picking up and I hope to have 4 dark blue knit work shirts made this weekend for dh. I just bought him a coupla pair of olive green 'Big Daddy Cargo Pants' at Penneys. Finding work pants for Dh that fit, are comfortable and don't rip the first day on the job has been an adventure. These pants look great on him and they are stretch twill! Yay! I had picked up some black and brick-colored knit collars at The Place That Sells Sewing Machines but now I have olive-colored pants...what to do? Here's what: I'm going to try and find matching olive knit or woven material to use on the work shirt placket and (maybe) collar! How coordinated he will be! Oddly, dh doesn't seem as excited about this as I am....