Skip to main content

Dans L'Atelier: Princess Shell Progress

McCalls M2818













I'm taking my time with this project, trying not to get overwhelmed with fitting and alterations. I devoted the weekend to it, using the excuse that it was Mothers' Day and I could do whatever I wanted to justify sewing instead of cleaning the bathrooms. And I'm glad I did, so there!

I'm making the sleeveless, slit neckline view and I'm excited that the fitting/pattern alteration part is almost over. Here's a picture of the basted shell:

























And a link to the excruciating minutae of how I got this far: Princess Shell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Narrow Back and Full Hips

There's a thread on Pattern Review about fitting a narrow back and a full bum. That's exactly what I have! I think these alterations are going to prove very helpful: Els' swayback and rounded upper back alteration Debfxvt57's full-hip adjustment I won't need to alter for a rounded upper back for myself, but anything I made for my older daughter would need it, so I'm glad to have found it.

Print Fabric Possibility

Print fabrics are hard for me. I'm afraid they look busy and accenuate curves that are plenty accentuated without any extra help. But since my wardrobe plan calls for a print I've been looking around and I found this one at Vogue Fabrics . It has black, gray, charcoal, pink and purple. I could sure work with it. It's priced right, too--56" wide @ $6.99/yd.
This is my grandchild nestled comfortably inside its mama Amanda. The baby is 11 weeks old and is due mid-September.