My sewing corner is in need of some renovations. I've prettied it up with a chair cover, table skirts and neatening up the ironing table cover. So far, so good. Now I have a serger and suddenly my worktable seems so much smaller! I've measured out a space for an 19"x48" shelf for the corner wall. When the shelf (we just happened to have that exact size in the garage) is installed at the level of my existing table I will have a L-shaped workspace. The long side will be my sewing space and the short side will be my serging area. After installing the L-shelf, I want to put up some corner shelves to raise the TV/VCR up off the work table. And I need a shelf above the sewing area to hold sewing reference books. It's going to look really nice and it shouldn't cost too much, either.
I sewed! I actually sewed! I got this pretty accordian pleated "broomstick" fabric at my first (and only, so far) BABES gathering (BABES is a group of sistah sewists from the bay area who have Pattern Review in common: I've wanted to make it into a skirt for Easter for 2 years and I finally did! Here it is: I've lost 58 pounds over the past 10 months and this is the first thing I've sewed since I started my diet (Atkins). To go with the skirt I bought a knit top (in the misses department, not the Women's department!) and to complete the outfit my sweet girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I have matching toenails!
Comments