Skip to main content

Progress Report

Got one of Darren's workshirts finished except for buttons/buttonholes. It looks real good and he likes the soft knit (I bought it at a Stretch and Sew event at The Place That Sells Sewing Machines here in town. The first one went a little slow because I kept checking it against his existing workshirt that I had laid out on the worktable for comparison to the pattern, and having to go into the living room where he was watching a baseball game to eyeball the shirt he was wearing and comparing it to the one I had laid out and the one I was making. It really turned out nice, though, and now that I know it fits the next one will go much faster. I really want to get a serger before I make up the 2nd shirt. I could foresee making all his workshirts--cutting them out 2 at a time and whipping them out.

I got the Unique Patterns jacket cut out and basted. By golly if it doesn't fit! At least it seems to. Sometimes I can't get a good read on fit until the garmet is finished and I've worn it awhile. It's about 2/3 finished; need to hem and set the sleeves, attach the pockets and hem the bottom edge. Once the jacket is done I will move on to pants. I've got 2 pair in the hopper--one from a purrfection pattern and the second is the Unique pants pattern I got free with my bodyskan. I think I'll make those up first so I can review them.

I went to Village Sewing to return my Viking rolled hem feet, but it turns out that accessory sewing machine feet are not returnable. The sewing machine saleslady helped me. I've spoken with her before. She knows I want a serger. They have the White 1934D on sale for $499. I wonder if they can come close to matching Allbrands' $299-$339 price on the 2000ATS model?

Popular posts from this blog

I So Want to Sew

The pattern is cut out and pressed, the cutting mat is laid out on the table, and pre-washed fabric calls out to me. What is missing? TIME, that's what! And if there's a little time to be had there has been NO ENERGY left to git 'r done. But things are picking up and I hope to have 4 dark blue knit work shirts made this weekend for dh. I just bought him a coupla pair of olive green 'Big Daddy Cargo Pants' at Penneys. Finding work pants for Dh that fit, are comfortable and don't rip the first day on the job has been an adventure. These pants look great on him and they are stretch twill! Yay! I had picked up some black and brick-colored knit collars at The Place That Sells Sewing Machines but now I have olive-colored pants...what to do? Here's what: I'm going to try and find matching olive knit or woven material to use on the work shirt placket and (maybe) collar! How coordinated he will be! Oddly, dh doesn't seem as excited about this as I am....

Narrow Back and Full Hips

There's a thread on Pattern Review about fitting a narrow back and a full bum. That's exactly what I have! I think these alterations are going to prove very helpful: Els' swayback and rounded upper back alteration Debfxvt57's full-hip adjustment I won't need to alter for a rounded upper back for myself, but anything I made for my older daughter would need it, so I'm glad to have found it.