Skip to main content

Red Xs and Slow-Slow-Sloper

Been blog housekeeping--went back through & re-posted pictures so as to get rid of those red Xs. Got the past coupla months done; will finish the rest v. soon.

Also been working on the bodice sloper. This to me is not a particularly pleasant task. I'm trying to have a good attitude about it. It's actually looking pretty good at this point and I hope that this exercise will eliminate alot of fitting issues on future projects.

I tried to take pictures of the Unique pants to show the forward side seam, but working by myself was futile. I didn't get any that clearly showed the seam problem but in the pics I did get I was surprised to see some more fitting issues--my high left hip and what looked like mild 'smiles' is really quite a bit of bagginess at the back of the thighs. They still fit better than any RTW, but I want to get this pair just perfect. I'm gonna let Unique handle it though. I'll send 'em the pics & measurements, they can re-draft the pattern.

I'm so wanting to make something that fits and looks good before I get into the baby clothes. I'm going to make my Unique jacket since I know it fits and I've got the material & lining washed & ready. This will be about the 4th time I've made this jacket, counting toiles, so it should go together fairly quickly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Ensemble

I sewed! I actually sewed! I got this pretty accordian pleated "broomstick" fabric at my first (and only, so far) BABES gathering (BABES is a group of sistah sewists from the bay area who have Pattern Review in common: I've wanted to make it into a skirt for Easter for 2 years and I finally did! Here it is: I've lost 58 pounds over the past 10 months and this is the first thing I've sewed since I started my diet (Atkins). To go with the skirt I bought a knit top (in the misses department, not the Women's department!) and to complete the outfit my sweet girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I have matching toenails!

Cozy Purple Pop of Color

Cozy purple throws for snuggling!  Adds some color  to the living room.  Thick fleece trimmed straight with rounded corners.  I tried some overcast stitches with my Juki however I couldn't get the look I wanted so I pulled out my serger. Gosh it's been, like 2 years since I used it but luckily it worked (I've had it for quite awhile but I'm still kinda afraid of it 😜).