Skip to main content

She's Getting Married in One Week!

With the wedding less than a week away, it's all downhill from here. I just hope I don't find myself at the bottom in a jumbled heap, but rather coasting to a gentle stop.

The bride and groom are hanging onto sanity by a thread. Things that have been said/done/experienced by him/her/them in the last 24 hours:

  • Packing.
  • Moving to a new apartment.
  • Finding out other roommate is moving out too, so instead of having to just vacuum your old room you have to help clean the whole dang house.
  • Getting overwhelmingly surprised by the kids and teachers at school with a totally unexpected-up on the stage in a throne-all eyes on you-this is great but I really am uncomfortable being the center of attention-wedding shower.
  • Going to Dad's annual St. Patrick's Day dinner.
  • Getting eyebrows waxed.
  • Finding time to tan so you don't look like a ghost in your wedding gown.
  • Geez, look at the time--I gotta get to work!
  • Did you pick up the rings?
  • Oh no! Uncle Biff didn't get a wedding invitation!
  • We need to make 3 copies of these keys.
  • Hi, mom, did you RSVP for you and grandma or you and a guest? Oh. Is that Steven with a 'ph' or with a ' v ' ?
  • Is Dan going to get here in time to get his tux?
  • We can't sit my mother at the same table as my step-mother.
  • I just gotta throw these clothes in the dryer.
  • Didn't he send those pictures for the slideshow? Wait--I'll call him.
  • I've got to be at the fund-raiser carwash until 2:30, then I'll load up my truck and take a load over the the apartment.
  • Mom, he hasn't eaten all day, please make him a peanut butter sandwich
  • Do we have a final count?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Ensemble

I sewed! I actually sewed! I got this pretty accordian pleated "broomstick" fabric at my first (and only, so far) BABES gathering (BABES is a group of sistah sewists from the bay area who have Pattern Review in common: I've wanted to make it into a skirt for Easter for 2 years and I finally did! Here it is: I've lost 58 pounds over the past 10 months and this is the first thing I've sewed since I started my diet (Atkins). To go with the skirt I bought a knit top (in the misses department, not the Women's department!) and to complete the outfit my sweet girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I have matching toenails!

Cozy Purple Pop of Color

Cozy purple throws for snuggling!  Adds some color  to the living room.  Thick fleece trimmed straight with rounded corners.  I tried some overcast stitches with my Juki however I couldn't get the look I wanted so I pulled out my serger. Gosh it's been, like 2 years since I used it but luckily it worked (I've had it for quite awhile but I'm still kinda afraid of it 😜).