Skip to main content

Wedding Gown and Bridesmaid Dress

I've jabbered on about my outfit, but here are:

Kim & I discussed wraps last night and agreed we'd try to make some. In the bridesmaid dress chiffon if possible, in white chiffon if not. I checked the After Six website and the chiffon is available! For $70 a yard! Not! I'm going to Jojos to check out their fancy sheers. A wrap is just a rectangle of fabric after all, and don't I have a fancy new serger that does rolled hems on sheers? You bet I do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Ensemble

I sewed! I actually sewed! I got this pretty accordian pleated "broomstick" fabric at my first (and only, so far) BABES gathering (BABES is a group of sistah sewists from the bay area who have Pattern Review in common: I've wanted to make it into a skirt for Easter for 2 years and I finally did! Here it is: I've lost 58 pounds over the past 10 months and this is the first thing I've sewed since I started my diet (Atkins). To go with the skirt I bought a knit top (in the misses department, not the Women's department!) and to complete the outfit my sweet girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I have matching toenails!

Cozy Purple Pop of Color

Cozy purple throws for snuggling!  Adds some color  to the living room.  Thick fleece trimmed straight with rounded corners.  I tried some overcast stitches with my Juki however I couldn't get the look I wanted so I pulled out my serger. Gosh it's been, like 2 years since I used it but luckily it worked (I've had it for quite awhile but I'm still kinda afraid of it 😜).

I Got Yer Picture of the Day Right Here

Every day I check my neice's picture of the day because I just can't seem to get enough. My sister understands and is faithful to update it regularly from Minnesota we out of town relatives can get our Sonia Rose fix. But! They are here! In California! At my house! Yay! They arrived late Monday night for a week's visit. I keep wanting to click on my pic of the day link and then I remember--I got the real thing at home, at least for a few more days.