Skip to main content

It's Getting Closer

The wedding is just under 3 weeks away and I feel slightly sick to my stomach.

All I have left to do on my suit is tack down the facing and give it a good pressing.

I'm disappointed in my frou-frou purse--I put the zipper in backwards at first (both sides look the same--how was I to know?) and spend a half-hour trying to put the slider back on. Plus I'm not too crazy about the purse's shape. But I like the pattern and the suggested uses by the author (who happens to live in the same town I do). One of the uses is a jewelry bag for travel and I sure need one of those. I will use the MoB purse, though--it's not that bad.

I hope-hope-hope I can get the last bmaid skirt altered and the last few modesty panels finished tonight. Then I will have met my goal of being finished with the sewing by March.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So, didja meet your goal last night?? I was pulling for ya!

Baby girl Sonia Rose asked me to tell you that she is soooooo excited to meet her auntie! :-) Very soon now!

xoxoxox,
Your loving seestor

Popular posts from this blog

Easter Ensemble

I sewed! I actually sewed! I got this pretty accordian pleated "broomstick" fabric at my first (and only, so far) BABES gathering (BABES is a group of sistah sewists from the bay area who have Pattern Review in common: I've wanted to make it into a skirt for Easter for 2 years and I finally did! Here it is: I've lost 58 pounds over the past 10 months and this is the first thing I've sewed since I started my diet (Atkins). To go with the skirt I bought a knit top (in the misses department, not the Women's department!) and to complete the outfit my sweet girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I have matching toenails!

Cozy Purple Pop of Color

Cozy purple throws for snuggling!  Adds some color  to the living room.  Thick fleece trimmed straight with rounded corners.  I tried some overcast stitches with my Juki however I couldn't get the look I wanted so I pulled out my serger. Gosh it's been, like 2 years since I used it but luckily it worked (I've had it for quite awhile but I'm still kinda afraid of it 😜).