Thanks to rostitchery, I've discovered that aprons are making a comeback: Kitsch'n" Glam: Collection. Love the kitsch, but oh, the prices! $41.60 for the small apron! Hmmm......Y'know, dh is a garage door contractor and he sometimes sells garage doors that have a mail slot in one of the sections. He told me that people have some pretty crazy set-ups to catch their mail so it doesn't fall on the garage floor to be run over by the returning vehicle. He suggested that I design a container made of net, or the like (something flexible but strong) and sell them. Again I say, "Hmmmmm....." May not be as glamorous or kitschy as these aprons, but, hey! It could happen!. I think I will go surf the net for garage door mail containers..... Oh, wait a minute--I have some wedding sewing to do. Okay, then. I will start my business empire after the wedding, which, by the way, is our new slogan.
I sewed! I actually sewed! I got this pretty accordian pleated "broomstick" fabric at my first (and only, so far) BABES gathering (BABES is a group of sistah sewists from the bay area who have Pattern Review in common: I've wanted to make it into a skirt for Easter for 2 years and I finally did! Here it is: I've lost 58 pounds over the past 10 months and this is the first thing I've sewed since I started my diet (Atkins). To go with the skirt I bought a knit top (in the misses department, not the Women's department!) and to complete the outfit my sweet girls gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure so I have matching toenails!
Comments